fbpx

What should you know about Medicare Supplement?

Medicare Supplement, or Medigap, is a plan sold by private insurance companies to fill in the coverage gaps and deductibles that Original Medicare does not cover. For instance, if Medicare covers 80 percent of a doctor’s visit, Medigap will cover the remaining 20 percent. With a Medicare Supplement, there is little additional cost to you for health care beyond your premium.

Medigap policies are standardized and regulated by law. This means that each company must offer the same plans (Parts A-N) with the only difference being the price. However, prices can vary widely between companies. We can help you weed through the options to find the right provider with the right price for you.

Why do you need a Medicare Supplement?

It is important to remember that Medicare does not completely cover your health care costs. A supplemental plan ensures a broader range of coverage so you do not have to pay out-of-pocket with each doctor visit. A low monthly premium will give you peace of mind as your need for health care grows.

Contact us today to learn more about the 10 Medigap plans and what they can offer you. We will gladly answer any questions and help you select the plan that best meets your needs.

Here is a chart that goes over the plans and the benefits of the plans.

Medicare Supplement, or Medigap, is a plan sold by private insurance companies to fill in the coverage gaps and deductibles that Original Medicare does not cover. For instance, if Medicare covers 80 percent of a doctor’s visit, Medigap will cover the remaining 20 percent. With a Medicare Supplement, there is little additional cost to you for health care beyond your premium.

Medigap policies are standardized and regulated by law. This means that each company must offer the same plans (Parts A-N) with the only difference being the price. However, prices can vary widely between companies. We can help you weed through the options to find the right provider with the right price for you.

When can I buy Medicare Supplement (Medigap)

The best time to buy a Medigap policy is during your 6-month Medigap open enrollment period. During that time you can buy any Medigap policy sold in your state, even if you have health problems. This period automatically starts the month you’re 65 and enrolled in Why do you need a Medicare Supplement?

  1. You must have Medicare Part A and Part B.
  2. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you can apply for a Medigap policy, but make sure you can leave the Medicare Advantage Plan before your Medigap policy begins.
  3. You pay the private insurance company a monthly Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D).

Get the Coverage You Need

Let us go over all your Medicare options to help you find the right choice that fits your needs.

Contact Us Today

About You

Choose one

Choose all that apply

Choose all that apply

Choose all that apply

Please read and check box

1 + 12 =

Medicare Supplement Plans (Medigap) rates

Oregon

65 yr Old Male

Non-Tobacco           Tobacco

Plan F $146.56                    Plan F $161.21

 Plan G $125.12                   Plan G $137.63

Plan N $98.88                     Plan N  $108.76

Washington

65 or Older

Non-Tobacco or Tobacco

Plan F $223.75

Plan G $192.00

Plan N $148.25

Oregon

65 yr Old Female

Non-Tobacco           Tobacco

Plan F $146.56                             Plan $161.21

   Plan G $125.12                            Plan G $137.63

   Plan N $98.88                              Plan N  $108.76

Washington

65 or Older

Non-Tobacco or Tobacco

Plan F $223.75

Plan G $192.00

Plan N $148.25